My educational philosophy involves making sure there is a secure foundation of trust between me and the children in my care as well as between me and their parents to make sure that the children feel safe and happy. I want the children to feel loved and respected even when their parents are not present. I believe that a child has the right to try new things and that this should be done in a safe and secure environment. I like to encourage them to make new friends and to be inquisitive about all aspects of their environment. I like to encourage them to ask questions and let them have their own sense of empowerment, such as making decisions for themselves and doing things themselves with the right scaffolding to help them learn in inside/outside and in familiar and unfamiliar environments.
CHILDCARE WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Currently working with an 18 month old girl, sole charge, part time.
- 2 ½ year old boy, sole charge, part time, worked with for 2 years
- 8 year old twin boys, sole charge, once a week.
- After day-care and school care for a 4 year old and an autistic 6 year old, part time
- 7 month old girl, sole charge, part time.
- 11 month old boy, sole charge, part time.
- 18 month old boy, sole charge, part time.
- Volunteer Caregiver, Montessori St Albans Christchurch.
- Three children aged 3, 6 and 9. Morning care and school drop off. Part Time.
- Live in Nanny, care of 4 children, 6, 4 and 18 month old twins, full time.
- Nannying Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Swimming Safety Certificate
I am a happy, healthy, young woman with a positive outlook on life who loves children. I am a friendly, kind person and easy to get along with. I am self-motivated, hard-working, punctual, flexible and reliable.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS:
Swimming, scrapbooking, reading, writing and baking
AREA I RESIDE:
Weekends, Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
POLICE CHECK STATUS:
Up to date as of 2017
FIRST AID EXPIRY DATE:
Valid until July 2019
LICENCE & VEHICLE INFO:
Full licence, own vehicle.